Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer Productivity (that mythical beast)



It's finally warm outside, the days have grown longer, and my house is calling out for the attention that I was too unmotivated and depressed to give it all winter. The list of things to do is about a mile long and everywhere I turn I am reminded of yet another task (case and point the stack of books waiting for me to read in the above photo). Because actual productivity is beyond me at the moment, I am going to do what I always do when I want to feel as though I've accomplished something but actually done nothing...make a list.
  1. Paint living room.
  2. Paint both hallways and stairwell.
  3. Dig patio in backyard.
  4. Deal with front 'garden'.
  5. Prune lilac bushes before the crazy maintenance men get to them.
  6. Clean out and organize upstairs office closet.
  7. Walk-in-closet: treadmill, new shelf, paint, organize, purge.
  8. Clean under large kitchen appliances (somehow???).
  9. Clean oven and wash all cabinet doors.
  10. Hem bedroom curtains.
  11. Repaint upstairs bathroom and take down hideous towel bars.
  12. Touch up painted vanity.
  13. Wash windows (ugh...seriously sucky job...may pawn off on James).
  14. Fix grill.
  15. Organize upstairs bathroom (disastrous drawers and calamitous cabinet).
  16. Re-caulk bathtub.
  17. Clean basement.
The list goes on, and on, and on. Some days I wake up and think "right, one thing at a time". Other days I wake up and think "sure, right after I solve world hunger and run a marathon". I'll be sure to let you know if and when anything actually gets done.

1 comment:

  1. Love how "world hunger" and "running a marathon" are equally unreasonable from your perspective today...feeling just a bit overwhelemd? :)S

    ReplyDelete